Sunday, August 15, 2004

There are a few things I like doing. Anything computer related, but also some sports like cycling. This is a tradition in our family which goes back some generations, my uncle and father both took on cycling at the junior league. Some weekends I make trips of +100 km just for the fun of it. Important to note is that I don't own a race/sports bicycle, at the moment I don't feel the need for an upgrade.

A few weekends ago while doing one of my tours again i stopped for rest at the parking spot of one of those nature parks. Although it was a beautiful day, almost no cars were on the parking lot, there was however this old couple walking their dog. The woman looked a bit out of this world, and wouldn't respond to anything the man was saying, Not that there was much communication between the two, it almost looked like each of them was located in another dimension, connected together, only by their little dog.

They stopped at one of the few cars on the parking, a grey-metallic Mercedes. The man opened the door for his dog and wife, and then entered the car himself whistling while he walked over to his side, fastened his seat-belt, talked to his wife some more. Suddenly he stopped talking, and nothing happened for over a minute, it looked almost like a photograph. He reached over to the his wife side put something that looked like a gun under his chin and pulled the trigger. The sound of the gunshot could be heard well outside the car, he bounced back into his seat and fell over hitting his head his steering wheel. I was shocked, not sure that what I just witnessed was real, his wife did nothing, she didn't move, look at her husband, nothing. An empty ice cold stare.

The shot apparently was louder then I suspected, it seemed a lot of people heard it too. Everybody looked at the car, somebody opened the door, somebody else was trying to get the lady out of the car. The dog ran away, it still had his leach on. I jumped on my bike and returned home, some things are just too weird and scary.

No comments: